Saturday, March 7, 2009

I think U2 said it best...

It's a beautiful day!!!

It feels like spring! It smells like spring! It looks like spring!- well, maybe not so much the latter, considering there is still snow on the ground. But the spring like warmth is currently working on taking care of that part.

I planted some tulips and daffodils in the spring. The green shoots are starting to poke up out of the ground. My lilac tree has buds on the twigs. It's quite possible that we'll have another snow before April arrives, but hopefully that won't affect my little garden.

I just got back from a nice walk with the dogs. It can be tough to walk both of them, especially when it is so sloppy out. And for some reason, I don't like walking in our neighborhood. I can't put my finger on why, but I just don't enjoy it. Today we walked in one of the neighboring towns, just through a neighborhood. It was a really cute neighborhood in a town where, when we were first looking to buy a house, I refused to live. Why was that again? Oh yeah. I thought it was too far from the city... Now I'm stuck in a neighborhood where I know very few people, has few sidewalks, no stores or businesses in walking distance, and where it's not pleasant to go walking.

So III was right and we should have looked there, but I guess hindsight is 20/20. And it's only ten minutes away, so I can throw the dogs in the car and take them out there to walk.

I was in that neighborhood today because I was picking up my engagement and wedding rings. I love my wedding set.

III picked out my engagement ring without any input from me (since I had no clue he was gong to propose) and he picked something that was perfect. When we went to look for wedding rings, he picked a great ring to match. They were at the jeweler, where I had taken them to be replated (they're white gold and periodically need a new layer of rhodium). I've felt so naked without them for the past week!

I'm also reminded how much I prefer independent businesses to chains. III's friend's mom works at the town jewelry store, so he went there to get the ring. We then bought our wedding rings there. I figured it would cost me a couple hundred to get them replated, but because we bought them at that shop, they did it for free! I don't know, maybe the chain stores would do that too... but I do really like the personalized service I feel like I get at the local places.

I'm so happy it's the weekend and between the weather, the walk, and having my sparkly rings back, I'm feeling good. :) Happy spring!

4 comments:

Meinsideout said...

It is a gorgeous day! So glad you have your rings back - I wear mine all day every day!

Emily said...

It was a gorgeous day! Glad you got out for a bit. Your rings are gorgeous - mine are soooo overdue to be redipped.

Just me said...

Thanks girls. :) I wear mine all the time too, which is part of the reason they needed to be rhodiumed! lol

Caroline said...

Your wedding rings are gorgeous! I'm glad you had a great day. Thanks for commenting on my post. I'll be following your blog too!