Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I might be playing hookie...

I didn't go to work today.

In reality, I don't feel great. I'm a bit stuffy and I have a sore throat. However, I'm definitely not so sick that I can't do my job. And I couldn't even sleep in all that much since I had to take B-dog to the vet for her cancer treatments. But I did get to sleep a couple hours longer and if I need a nap, I'll get one.

I tend to rationalize it by telling myself that my body will easier fight off any illness I'm getting if I rest- which I'm sure is true. But in reality, I'm quicker to call in sick when I'm unhappy with my job... I guess that's probably true for most people. I do have a list of things I'd like to get done since I'm home. Right now, I'm still in my jammies, sitting on the couch watching Law and Order and snuggling with M-dog.

Yesterday, I got a delivery. It was a big box o'meds. Boxes of FSH and needles. Wow. I didn't realize stepping up to injectables was such a step up. I watched a video on the pharmacy's website that shows how to mix and inject the meds. I'm expecting my period tomorrow, so I guess we'll take it from there. Since I'm off sick today, I'm going to have an acupuncture appointment. And then the fun begins... :-/

3 comments:

Meinsideout said...

Enjoy your time off!!! I am getting a pedicure as I type. Yes injectables are quite the experience...I hope they bring you success

Caroline said...

I hope that you had a relaxing day off work. I have cut back on my work quite significantly, and I think that it helps to slow down during fertility treatment. It is a tough time, so looking after yourself is a good move.

Emily said...

Good for you! Mental health days are important too. Sorry about the pup :(

GL with this cycle!