...I am thankful that thorns have roses.”
I've kind of had a cranky week, between the crappy weather we've had and all this pre-IVF stuff driving me nuts.
So I decided it was high time for a Kula post.
Things I'm grateful for today:
- While school has been difficult, I am lucky to be on the team that I am. The three other teachers that I work with are very professional but are also great people. I confided in them yesterday that we'd been starting IVF this month, and they were interested but concerned. I hope we get to stay together next year.
- B-dog is still doing great. In fact, she has so much energy lately that we don't know what to do with her!
- We had a vet appt yesterday and I was able to get all her medical records (which was quite the thick stack!). This will allow me to change to a new vet more easily. I feel a little awkward about it because I really like the techs there, but I just can't deal with the vet there for much longer.
- KB. Thank goodness for KB.
- Speaking of KB, she convinced me to take a personal day on Monday (I haven't used any of my personal days and they don't roll over to the next year the way my sick days do) and we're going to have a spa day. Well, more of a spa morning, but that's okay- I don't think I could do a whole day at the spa. :) We're getting a wrap, a facial, and a massage and then going to lunch.
- It's finally sunny today! I think the weekend weather is supposed to be iffy, but it is May and the closer we get to summer the more nice days there will be.
- My lilacs are *this close* to blooming! I may be able to get some cuttings today for my living room! (In the spirit of the title of this posts, my rose bush is also looking good, although I probably have another month until I see blooms.)
- Insurance. I know I mentioned this the other day, but I am very aware that we are super lucky that our treatments are covered by insurance. They put in to my insurance on Tuesday for approval for an IVF cycle and it was approved by Thursday. With all the craziness that goes along with this, it's nice that this big chunk of worry is taken off of our shoulders.
- III. Through good and bad days, I remain thankful for III. The year before we met, there were times when I thought I'd never meet anyone with whom I would want to share my life with. I feel so lucky that he is in my life. I think we have a very balanced and respectful relationship and I just love him more than I imagined loving anyone. He's also got a really cute butt. :-P
- It's FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!