Friday, August 21, 2009

B-dog update

I don't have a lot to say today about being pregnant. (Neither I nor III have said the word out loud yet.) I couldn't sleep last night because my brain was just going-going-going! I'm counting the hours until Sunday, after which I'm sure I'll be counting the hours until my u/s.

B-dog had a new treatment yesterday. She's acting a little weird today. I don't know if she's just really hot (between our hot, humid weather and the pred.nisone, I am trying not to let that make me nervous) or what, but she tries to move everything out of the way (blankets, pillows, the couch cushions) to lay down. She's mostly sleeping on the hardwood.

She seems to be in good spirits, is hungry and is affectionate. It appears her hind legs are a little stiff. She definitely needs to go out more and has a touch of diarrhea.

I need to be patient and see how the next week goes with her. If the treatment doesn't work, we're definitely talking weeks. If it does... we have a big decision to make. Do we want to repeat it in 3 weeks (it's expensive and would probably only give her an additional 2 months) or take what we have and accept that this is the end of our time with her?

I love her so much, but I definitely am seeing changes in her that make me wonder if I'm making the right decision this time. Some of you who are not 'dog people' probably won't get this, but this is probably the worst thing I've ever had to go through. I love her more than anything, but at the same time she relies on me to take care of her and do what's best. It is so, so, so hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember when we had to put K-cat to sleep, and it was the hardest thing ever. I wasn't living at home at the time, but my Mom had a few "false alarms" before we finally made the decision. I honestly think that B-dog will tell you when it's time... ((hugs))