Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Doctor stuff...

I had an appointment with Dr. Z's PA yesterday- my IUI post op appointment.
  • Only one mature follicle for last IUI
  • I asked if the fact that I was producing only one is a bad sign, and she said no- I am producing many small follicles, so Dr. Z has been reserved with his dosage. It just means I'm not super sensitive to the meds and need higher doses.
  • Ok numbers (but not great) for sp.erm samples
  • DNA came back (I had the wrong test. It wasn't SC.SI it was SD.FA)
  • Dr. Z would like to move us up to an IVF for next cycle (if I'm not pregnant this cycle)
I talked to III and we decided to do it. I'm nervous because I feel like it's so much more involved. The PA told me that, since I didn't have any side effects on the Clo.mid or Bra.velle the previous cycles, it's unlikely I'd have major side effects from higher doses or from Lu.pron. I put a call into the nurse and left a message, but I need more details on the timeline. The way the PA explained it makes it so that my transfer may fall around the last few days of school.... this could be tricky, as the last 2 days with kids are specific activities/ceremonies. Missing them would be frowned upon (and I'd feel bad...). But I guess we have to do what we have to do...

I also called today to make an appointment with my PCP for my yearly physical. My insurance won't allow me to have a pap until July (1 year since my last) . However, my doc doesn't have any physical appointments until NOVEMBER!!! Ok, that's ridiculous. Plus, she moved her office- she's now right in the middle of downtown which is tricky, both to get to and to find parking. *sigh* I really, really, really love my doctor. I've followed her through 3 different offices. (This would be the fourth I saw her at.) I've always felt like she listens to me and takes my concerns seriously. But... this move, plus her schedule... now I'm thinking about throwing in the towel and getting a new doctor. There are two doctors at her old office (the first one I saw her at) who I liked when I saw her when my doc was on maternity leave. One of them is the doctor that my gyn (who I also love) sees as her PCP. I liked all the doctors at that office except one... I don't know... should I switch? I was going to see how my first appointment with her went, getting to her new office, but that was when I thought it was in the summer when I'd have a lot of flexibility, time wise. Now my appointment is a Tuesday in November...

Ay yai yai. What would you do?

ETA: I just called the other doctor's office... she is accepting new patients and the wait to see her for a physical is only a month...

2 comments:

Cece said...

I had minimal effects of clomid (hot flashes mostly) and the drugs for IVF are much easier. I swear - clomid is the WORST!

Good luck! And hoping this was 'the' cycle and you don't even need to worry about it.

Kris said...

I agree- clomid is the worst! I had the most horrible hot flashes with clomid in 100 degree weather in July. It was awful!

I did have night sweats/hot flashes on Lupron for IVF #1, but I haven't had them since. I think IVF is easier than IUIs....or maybe I just don't remember doing IUIs since they were so long ago:):)