Thursday, October 8, 2009

Craig is my hero.

I just wanted to say that crai.gslist rocks.

I've gotten and sold furniture on crai.gslist.

I used to bartend at a theater part time- a great job... that I got on crai.gslist.

I even met my husband on crai.gslist.

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I posted an ad in the pet section of CL. I was so irritated when it got flagged, I almost didn't repost- I thought "Geez, CL is not what it used to be." But I reposted in the evening, and the flagging trolls must not have been around because there it stayed.

Thank goodness! Last night I got an email from a woman who told me her parents had purchased a boxer puppy from a breeder four months ago, only to find they didn't have the time and energy to spend on such a young dog. I called her parents and spoke to her mother for quite a while. It seems like their pup might be a good fit for our home, and they are going to bring her by on Monday to meet us and see how things go! We will definitely have to make some changes, having a seven month old boxer in the house... it probably means an earlier wake up for me so she can have a morning walk. It may mean "puppy proofing" the house. I know that it's not going to be easy- adopting a new dog never is. But I'm willing to do it. We need something like this.

I'm a little bummed not to get the pup I posted below, as I never heard anything from the rescue. But I'm happy about the prospect of getting a puppy soon. Keep your fingers crossed for us that it works out!

6 comments:

Jess said...

YEAH!!! I love craigs list, I hope you get the puppy! I also fell in love with the white def one because it looked like Shelby when she was a puppy and well, that makes me biased!

I really hope it works out. New puppies are tough (we have our six month old Claire) and she drives me crazy at times (she loves to poop in the house...she'll hold it til she gets in the house, lol). But she is so sweet and loving and at the end of the day nothing that she does makes me mad.

If you ever need to talk about anything, you can always email me at paramore05@ymail.com You're going through so much and I worry about you. Hang in there love.

babyparamore.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

CL is awesome. Yay for new beginnings!!

-K

irrationalexuberance said...

oooh -- very exciting. I wish you best of luck with the puppy visit.

just me, dawn said...

yay, great news!

sunflowerchilde said...

Thanks to the link of your history. I just had fun reading through your history with your husband and it's so cute! You are a very lucky girl.

michelle said...

Fingers crossed that the meeting of the pup goes well! New puppies are a lot of work but always full of so much fun and so much love....