Monday, September 7, 2009

The P word.

It had taken both III and I a while to say "pregnant" out loud. As it is, I can probably count on one hand the number of times we've said it combined.

Today we had to wake up super early to fly home. The combination of the lack of sleep and my ongoing hunger had me feeling pretty queasy all day. In the car home, I was explaining this to III. He said, "Yeah, and I know we haven't been saying this, but you are pregnant." I said "That's what I meant." LOL. We've just been so wary. So he started saying "We're going to be two weeks away from our due date and someone's going to say 'Congratulations!' and the two of us will be like 'Shhhh!!! The baby's not here yet so it's not definite!' or someone will ask 'Have you picked out names?' and we'll say 'Shhh! Don't jinx it!'" LOL. It was very funny, but it's true- that's exactly how we've been tiptoeing around. Yes, it's clearly only 6 (and a half) weeks and we are anxiously waiting for that heartbeat... but I think we're both wondering when it will feel real and if we'll stop being so worried at some point.

I've started to admit to myself that I am having some symptoms. My boobs still hurt, though it seems not quite as much. I don't know if that's true, though, or if I'm just getting accustomed to it. I was feeling some random dizziness this weekend. If I don't eat every two or three hours I am still getting shaky, and also getting a bit queasy. I am not excited about the prospect of morning sickness, but am reminding myself it is a good (and reassuring) thing to have these symptoms. And I am tired, tired, tired. Just in time for school to start!

I didn't hear back from the clinic on Friday, so hopefully they'll call tomorrow. Although, obviously, if they don't I will call them. Keeping all my fingers crossed (once again) that my cranky uterus allows us to see that elusive heartbeat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My boobs would hurt one day and not the next. It really comes and goes. I am not sure if you kept up with my totally insane pg symptom watch and complete anxiety ridden rants but that is pretty much what the last six weeks of my posts have been...

Travel safely.

Becky said...

Congrats on the pregnancy, i've been busy lately, so looks like i'm a little late.

My boobs hurt like crazy when i got pregant. I had a negative test but since my boobs hurt so bad i just thought i tested too early, then 5 days later i got the positive test!!!

I totally understand about not wanting to 'jinx' things. I didn't want to tell anyone i was pregnant until 8 weeks, but my husband g told tons of people.