Saturday, January 10, 2009

Devastated.

B-dog is really sick. This morning, my husband was giving her one of his vigorous belly rubs and she cried out in pain. I took her to the doggy ER and, after five hours there, was informed she has a number of issues, the worst being a mass in her chest.

I've cried so much my face hurts. I don't know what to do with myself.

She goes back on Monday to have the mass aspirated and/or biopsied.

She's sound asleep now, totally doped up on meds. She's not herself on on these pain medications and it breaks my heart that, if it turns out this is really, really bad, this might be what she is like until the end.... that I may have seen the last of the B-dog that I know and love, and will need to say goodbye to this shell of her. As sad as that makes me, I'd rather that than have her in pain.

I love her so much.

1 comment:

marc aurel said...

So sorry for your agony and for her's too.