Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Ramble...

It's that time again.

Week #4. T minus three days to blood test. I don't feel pregnant. At all. In fact, if I'm feeling anything, it seems to be I am feeling some of my regularly scheduled PMS crankiness. Seriously- who planned that? Lets have women who are ttc find out they are NOT pregnant and at the same time make them super hormonal and PMS-y. Either someone very evil, or very stupid.

What gives? So far, they have found no reason why I should not be able to get pregnant. My levels on the clomid have supposedly been "perfect". But still no conception. I have a doctor's appointment today to talk about how my levels were this cycle and to discuss what we'll do next month if I'm not pregnant. I think we're going to have to skip next month. If my period comes on it's regularly scheduled day (2/9) then I'll need to have my u/s to monitor my follicles on the 20th. If this cycle is like the others, they would either inseminate the 21st/22nd or the 22nd/23rd. We have a vacation planned the 14th-21st and won't be back until late on the 21st. So it looks like Feb will be a wash. :(

Of course, there is the possibility that I could be pregnant and not know it, and I know this full well. My best friend kept going to the bathroom the day she found out she was pregnant because she was sure she was getting her period. I guess I'm just not feeling very optimistic.

Plus, while we've been trying for almost a year and a half, this is only our third month on clomid (and only 2 of those 3 did we do IUIs) and I know that people go much longer. I just don't want to have to!!!!!!!! Especially when there doesn't seem to be a medical reason for it- or at least not one they can test for, I guess...



III is away tonight so it's just me and the dogs. I have a ton of work to do, and no interest in doing any of it. So wish me luck and a week that flies by...

Evening edit-

So I saw my doctor this afternoon, and apparently my estrogen levels were super high before ovulation- which I guess is a good thing. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, we will have to skip next month because we'll be away, but the following month we will graduate to injectable meds. Luckily, I'm not squeamish around needles...

No comments: