Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lonely nights and crazy days

Whenever III is out of town, I let the dogs sleep in our bed. I love sleeping with the dogs, but III doesn't, so it's a special treat for the dogs and for me.

For the last month or two, Peanut has been sleeping in her crate. It tends to be better for everyone. She sees that space as her bed, and doesn't seem to mind as long as the crate is right next to my side of the bed.

When we were on vacation, I told the dog sitter that she could do whatever worked best- crate or have Peanut sleep with her. She chose the latter, but Peanut got into stuff in the middle of the night, most of which we discovered after we came home.

Despite this, I've tried to have her sleep with me this week. The first night I was on my own, she was off the wall, so she went in her crate. The second night was a little better, but she was up and down all night and ended up having an accident downstairs either in the middle of the night or early in the morning. Then there was yesterday. When she peed in my bed!!!!

So it was back to the crate last night. She whined initially, but quickly lay down and slept through the night. No accidents either. I was lonely (M-dog slept with me, but he sleeps at my feet, and Peanut will cuddle right up with me) but I got a good night's sleep.

In other news, I'm totally out of my mind right now. I hate, hate, hate Ap.ri. It makes me absolutely nuts. It renders me completely incapable of dealing with any stress or irritation. I had acupuncture last night, and she did some stuff to help with my stress and agitation, and it helped for the evening but is 100% back this morning. I'm contemplating calling my nurse and asking her to put the lev.ora rx in my electronic file so that this never happens again.

I start lu.pron tomorrow and then take the Ap.ri for one more week. I stop the bcp on the 12th, which means I'll likely get my period on the 16th. They are estimating a retrieval date of 4/2.

Let the games begin!!!

No comments: