Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Apparently they prefer me crazy.

So things are almost sorted out with the insurance. Seriously, they seem to just want to drive me nuts with their red tape.

Last cycle, Dr. Z wanted us to do a fresh cycle since we had new info and would be using PGD. Big insurance company had other plans. Since they technically denied the fresh cycle, and even though we did a frozen cycle, they put all of my fertility medications on hold. Kind of dumb, since I still needed some meds for my frozen cycle. It is why they denied the endo.metrin last cycle, and we had to change to a form of progesterone that is used for other conditions as well- because then it's not flagged as a "fertility med".

So I'm just waiting for a call back from the rep I talked to, because there is apparently only one person who can take the hold off for me and she was, of course, not at her desk. I hope I hear from them soon, because I need the meds for Friday, so ideally they would get it in the mail today....

Breathing in, breathing out. ::iiiiin:: ::ooouuuut::.....

1 comment:

"Jay" said...

So frustrating. I have dealt with serious bullshit from insurance companies regarding coverage of meds. I am hoping she takes the hold off and you don't have to pay out of pocket! Hang in there.