Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spoiling my sisters' children.

My infertility vs. my relationship with the children of those I love is an interesting thing. There are definitely some feelings of jealousy there. I want my own. But I love kids, and I especially love the kids of those who I love.

So I spoil them.

My sister's son is going to be two this month. I just went online (they live across the country) and bought him a truckload of art supplies. Easel, paints, crayons, markers... It all added up, but hell. If I don't spoil him right now, who am I gonna spoil?

KB is not officially my sister, but she might as well be. I am closer to her than to any other woman on this earth... even my biological sister. So I spoil her babies too. I have made Miss M so many gifts- a personalized quilt, a doll, ribbon barrettes, and most recently a cutie patootie jumper for her third birthday. KB doesn't know it yet, but for the last few months I've been working on knitting a Big Bad Baby Blanket for her son, who is due in May.

KB always tells me "I won't be able to reciprocate all of this when you have babies!" I tell her "I don't expect you to... and you better enjoy it now! I won't have time to do all of this when I have my own babies!"

No comments: