Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Retail Therapy.... again....

I'm not a big shopper. And when I say that, I mean I don't like to go to the mall and walk around trying on clothes 'til I find the right thing(s).

But the internet... it brings shopping to a whole new level.

In addition, for a long time I had to pinch my pennies so tightly that I rarely bought something just because I loved it. And when I did... it was books, not clothes.

Since we've been dealing with the shitty stuff in the last six months or so, I find myself indulging in retail therapy when I feel disappointed. (And I'm lucky that, as long as it's not a very regular practice, we can afford it...)This week was a disappointment... so I splurged on something I've had my eye on for months... It's handmade, and being shipped from S. America, so it's pretty pricey (at least for me)... but I did it. In fact, I ordered it custom so that it would be just right.

So without further ado....I can't wait to get it. It will be perfect for those bad days when I just want to bundle up and hide from the world, but have to go out in spite of that.

4 comments:

Awise said...

LOVE IT! And good for you for splurging. I love going to Kohls or Walmart & spending money when I'm having a crappy day.

musicmakermomma said...

I love retail therapy - and I'm usually NOT a shopper! But after my first failed IVF we added a wing on the house! This time I bought a new mattress and a laZboy chair, yay! Hopefully I won't be buying anything after the next cycle (except baby stuff)

Hang in there...

Frenchie said...

Oh it's gorgeous!!! Loooove the color. Love everything about it.

jill said...

I'm so sorry about your low beta :(

Sending some *hugs* to go with that gorgeous new sweater!