Thursday, September 2, 2010

A decade.

In 2001, my long term boyfriend broke up with me. My sister got married. I got my master's degree. I lived in an apartment with two roommates. I was in my third year of teaching.

In 2002, I discovered I could enjoy being single. I met KB. I moved with one of my roommates to a two bedroom house. We had lots of parties.

In 2003, I continued enjoying being single. I bought a condo- it was the first time I had ever lived alone.

In 2004, I went to Italy. I had a great group of students at school. I had my heart broken by a loser. (Really... he wasn't worth it.)

In 2005, I adopted B-dog. I healed. I met III.

In 2006, I got engaged. I moved out of my condo. I bought a house. I got married.

In 2007, I went on my honeymoon. I went off the pill. Miss M was born. I got another dog. I remember feeling ridiculously happy this year.

In 2008, I began fertility treatments. My nephew was born.

In 2009, my FIL almost died. My sweet B-dog did die. I got pregnant. I had a miscarriage. I got another dog.

In 2010 (so far), I got pregnant again. I had a miscarriage again. My FIL got a new heart. I took a year off from school.

Ten years... it feels so long, but at the same time it feels like it flew by. Sometimes I can't believe in what a different place I now am- how much has happened to me, how much has changed.

What might the next ten years bring? As expected, I hope it will be filled with the business of motherhood and growing babies.

1 comment:

Kakunaa said...

I have been thinking a lot about this decade as well. It's been crazy, that's for sure...here's to a better 10 years!