Sunday, January 10, 2010

Attempting to be productive

First, I'd like to thank those of you who left comments on my delurking post. It's nice to know I have some readers... I notice from my feedjit that I tend to have a lot of visitors, but its hard to know how many are actually reading, how many are returning, or how many are just clicking in and out... Maybe it shouldn't matter as this blog was supposed to be a catharsis for me, but I find I like the idea that what I say might resonate with others...

For the last few months I have a tendency to want to spend my free time on the couch or in my bed. I just don't have a lot of motivation to do anything. So this weekend, I made a list that consists of both things I have to do and things I want to do. It had ten things on the list, and yesterday I crossed off three and a half. That might not seem like a lot, but I was pleased. It felt good to do something productive, even if it was only a third of what needs/wants to get done.

So I'm going to try to continue my productive streak today, despite the cold weather making me want to curl up under a blanket. Then again, one of the things on my list is to work on finishing the sweater I'm knitting, so maybe that's a good excuse.... :)

2 comments:

"Jay" said...

I swear it takes a good 3 months to feel like doing anything after a failed cycle and/or m/c. I am convinced all of the meds contribute to a significant post IVF depression! I have been through it twice now, and it sucks.

Good for you in becoming more productive! It is a good feeling to get some things accomplished. Keep it up!

Becky said...

did i leave a note, i'm not sure. I think i've commented a few times, i have boxers too!