Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Plodding along...

Today is CD10. In past cycles, it is around now that I'd have my ER. However, with my last cycle, my E2 levels maxed at close to 7000, which is higher than my doc is comfortable with. So he scaled back my meds this cycle. Things are progressing, just slower than usual. I had thought I'd probably have my ER between Thurs and Sat, but today's u/s and bw (the third for this cycle) put me at only 1700 with 8 measurable follicles (I make tons of follicles. It is the one thing that has gone right every time...) so they dropped my brav.elle by 75 (one vial) for tonight and tomorrow and it's back to the clinic on Friday morning. So, if on Friday I'm "ripe", that would mean a Sunday retrieval. If we go into next week it's going to be a pain in the ass for scheduling, but I guess it is what it is. I'm just feeling impatient. I'm ready to get this show on the road. The upside is that the later things go, the better a beta will fit in with our trip. We'll most likely definitely be away on the desired beta day, but there will be fewer days between that and the day I actually have the beta.

I am almost done with my subbing job. The regular teacher plans to return next Wednesday. I am looking forward to being finished, sleeping in, and focusing back on some of the plans I had for this leave of absence.

Let's be honest. The sleeping in part is what I'm most excited for. ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Best wishes!! Hope all your xmas's come at once.. I stunned across your blog and will keep following you. I have been ttc since April 09 and biting the bullet and surrendering to a drug induced conception. Natural is so last season! Ha ha!

Kakunaa said...

Maybe this will yield better embies! That would be awesome, right? One day at a time. I like the slower stimming :) good luck sweetie!

TheThirtiesGirl said...

Best of luck this cycle. Hoping you get some great embies.

heartincharge said...

Looks like things are going well. And your subbing job will end just in time for you to relax and incubate those embies.