Friday, March 8, 2013

IVF #5

Just after G-man's first birthday, we decided we wanted to do another cycle and try for another baby. However, with the move, that meant we had to find a new clinic. In spite of my heaps of research I did trying to find the best place, we hate our new clinic. The communication is awful, the staff has NO compassion, and III ended up having an altercation (verbal, not physical) with the front desk staff that resulted in an asinine meeting with our doctor- which he chose to schedule immediately after my transfer. So, yeah there's that.

But anyway...

Though we sought them out in September, between the testing they wanted to do, their closing over the holidays, and again that lack of communication, this cycle didn't start until February.

CD 1 was February 7. They had me on the follistem pen and menopur. They also used ganirelix (I think) instead of lupron and PIO rather than endometrin.

I had my ER on the 19th and they got 11 eggs. 10 were mature, but only 7 made it to day 3. They ended up testing 5 (not sure what happened to the other two... again, their communication is pretty sucky) and 2 were normal. So we transferred 2 grade A blasts on 2/17.

I took an HPT 8dp5dt and it was very, very faint. I took another the morning of my beta, this past Wednesday, and it was again really faint. I went in for my beta and (more miscommunication) didn't hear the results until Thursday morning... 38.6. Positive but so very low, especially after getting a + on Monday... I expected it would be at least 50 since, supposedly, the test I use detects at 25. 

I just got back from my second blood draw. 12dp5dt... So I'm waiting and hoping for at least a 60. I took another HPT last night (torturing myself?) and it was still positive, but also still very light. I know that the "darkness" of the line isn't really SUPPOSED to matter, but... well, you all know how it goes.

So keeping all my fingers, toes, legs, etc crossed for a doubling beta. I figure 60 is a 72hr double so higher than that would be even better. 

On the shitty chance that this cycle doesn't work, we are not returning to this clinic. We have talked about going back to our old clinic for the cycle, though it means traveling. But we'd have to wait until the summer, and I'm not sure I'm that patient... so I guess we'll find out what happens with today's beta and go from there.


S said...

Here's hoping for a good, solid second beta that's doubled from your first level, to put your mind at ease.

BTW, the second line on my HPTs with my twin pregnancy was never dark, even though my first beta at 11dp5dt was 546. So I don't put much stock in the darkness of the second line as a measure of the hCG level.

Jamie said...

Fingers crossed!